"Please respect the version of you that suffered because of them."
Benda ni bukan sebab dendam pun. Kalau dendam, kita akan balas balik benda yang sama macam mana orang pernah buat kat kita.
Yes, benda dah lama habis.
Tapi did you know, until today you are still my trauma? You have never walked a day in my pain may never fully understand why it is taking me this long to heal. You maybe think I should be over this by now. You might be saying that I cannot live in the past, just let it go. I do think that sometimes maybe there's really something wrong with me for still hurting.
BUT there is something deeply lonely about carrying a pain no one else can see. And it's even more exhausting having to pretend I'm okay, for fear of being judged for still hurting.
The pain I'm carrying might go MUCH FURTHER BACK than anyone realizes. What happened may be recent, but the pain -- it awakened in me, or may have been there a long time ago because maybe the depth of my grief reflects the depth of my love.
So I don't need you to understand why it's taking me so long to know that my feeling is valid. I know what I lived through. I know what it cost me. That is the truth I return whenever you make me question how long my healing is taking.



0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.